Older clients are among the most vulnerable in society and our advisers combine competence in a wide range of technical areas with the softer skills of compassion, understanding and patience.
All specialists at Beckford James have the required qualifications (including SOLLA) to advise in this area which affects the lives and financial outlook of all those concerned. In addition to legislative requirements, Beckford James operates a strict internal policy for advising Vulnerable and Elderly Clients.
At the heart of advising in this area is an understanding of the financial planning needs of the client (and their immediate family) and we work closely with other professionals to consider:
- The implications of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) 2005
- Welfare Benefits and financial support
- Cost of Care planning
- Immediate Needs Annuities
- The implications of equity release
- Portfolio restructuring for income needs
- Capital preservation options